We have Mrs Middleton's Rapeseed Oil at Hexton Country Matters. The rapeseed used in the oil is grown at Barton Hill Farm, Bedfordshire - so only a few miles down the road. Reduce your carbon footprint by buying locally.
It is very versatile and has a slight nutty flavour and high burn point.
There is lots of information on their website, including some recipes.
The oil is perfect as a salad dressing, and can be used in most of the ways that you would use other oils.
Here are some of the benefits:
- Rapeseed oil has a favourable balance of 'good' and 'bad' fats:
- Less unhealthy saturated fat than all other cooking fats and oils - e.g. 50% less than olive oil
- High in the healthy mono and polyunsaturated fats omega 3, 6 and 9
- It is also a rich source of vitamin E, a natural antioxidant
- And contains plant sterols - which may contribute to the cholesterol lowering properties of rapeseed oil.
And brand new from Mrs Middleton is stoneground flour, again locally grown and milled at Stotfold mill.